A wide variety of product mix, both in shape and size. This allows you to accurately select the desired size. High strength characteristics for stretching, compression, bending, torsion. According to these specifications, profile pipes are practically not inferior to channel bars and I-beams, but of them it is easier to create a metal structure - it is easier to fix other elements to them, since there are flat platforms (unlike round pipes). They have a closed profile, which is more aesthetic. In addition, inside you can lay the wiring without additional protection.
There are two ways to produce profile pipes: electrofusion profile pipe (this method of manufacture in which a metal sheet or strip (tape) is bent on profile-bending mills to give the desired shape of the section. Then the joint is welded by electric welding); seamless profile tube (a pipe is produced by deforming a round pipe (it can be both electrowelded and seamless), in this case, the metal can be deformed with temperature exposure (hot-rolled pipes) or without it (cold-formed pipes)).
Area of use of profile pipes
It must be said that the profile pipes are not used to transport liquids and gases through them. Mainly shaped pipes are used in the construction sector and some others, where they serve as an antimony for the manufacture of structures:
- to create frames for all kinds of buildings, scaffolding, billboards, etc. Now mainly profile pipes are used for frame construction;
- for the manufacture of handrails, stairs, railings, etc .;
- in the manufacture and furniture as a frame;
- in the manufacture of various household appliances;
- in the automotive industry for the manufacture of automotive frames.
Types of profile pipes
The main classification - according to the method of manufacture has already been mentioned at the beginning of the article. Here is a general list of types of shaped pipes based on their method of production:
- electric cold cold defrosting;
- cold deformed;
- electrowelded hot formed;
- hot rolled.
The most commonly used rectangular and square pipes, as more simple to manufacture. The specific use of a particular type of pipe is determined by the project, taking into account all the data - loads, installation complexity, cost, etc. The geometry of the cross section of the profile tubes are:
- rectangular with sharp corners;
- rectangular with rounded corners;
- square with sharp corners;
- square with rounded corners.
For metal manufacturing
- Electrowelded pipes - St2 and St4 of all forms of deoxidation, St08kp, St10, St10ps, St20.
- Cold-formed and hot-deformed - St10, St20, St35, St45.
Depending on the responsibility of the construction in which the profile pipes are used, they are selected from two categories:
- with check of mechanical properties;
- with verification of mechanical properties and chemical composition of steel.
Edvard Custulis –
The material is top notch and good clean cuts as well. I will be ordering again, for sure.