This material is used for finishing of external walls in order to warm the building, the creation of fences, internal partitions, roofing window openings. The most widely used sandwich panels in the construction of office, administrative, sports, industrial facilities, warehouses, hangars, etc. Currently, this material has become widely used in civil engineering - for apartment and private country houses. The use of sandwich panels for the reconstruction of old residential panel houses is particularly promising. The advantages of sandwich panels are that due to the multi-layer construction, these panels combine such qualities as:
- high thermal insulation and sound insulation properties;
- small weight;
- good strength;
- resistance to external influences - moisture, sunlight, temperature drops, etc.
Due to the lightness and completeness of the construction, construction of facilities is greatly simplified and reduced. Sandwich panels are simply attached to the frame. No additional finishing and insulation is required. During the shift, two installers can build 200-250 m² facilities. Also, there is no binding to the season. Installation can be made at any time of the year.
And the most important thing. Building structures made of sandwich panels is cheaper than with the same characteristics (dimensions, degree of thermal insulation, allowable loads) objects made of brick, reinforced concrete, and wood. Savings occur due to:
- reduction of the foundation due to the low weight of the panels;
- no need for additional heat and sound insulation, as well as finishing;
- simplicity and speed of installation.
Types of sandwich panels
Modern sandwich panels are certified and meet all sanitary and hygienic standards. There is a division of panels into several types:
By area of use
- wall, including corner;
According to the material of the outer coating
- Galvanized steel profile is the most reliable and durable material. Top galvanized sheet may be covered with a plastic protective layer of plastisol, polyester, Pural. This increases the corrosion resistance of the panels and improves their appearance, as it is possible to paint it in different colors. They can serve 30-40 years.
- Sheets of rigid polystyrene, PVC or polypropylene. Mainly used for window sandwich panels.
- OSB-plate made of glued together oriented chips.
- Drywall - a laminate (two sheets of cardboard, between which there is a layer of gypsum).
According to the material of the insulator
- Mineral wool is an inexpensive, practical insulation. Does not support burning. The disadvantage is environmentally unsafe.
- Polyurethane foam - a heater with high heat-insulating properties. It has high strength combined with ease. Almost not exposed to the environment. The disadvantage is the high cost.
- Expanded polystyrene - insulation with good insulating properties. According to its technical and price characteristics it occupies an intermediate place between mineral wool and polyurethane foam.
- Polypropylene is another inexpensive insulation. Well resists water, acids, alkalis. Not resistant to UV radiation (sunlight). Therefore, breach of oversight of the external coating is unacceptable.
In the CIS countries, now there is only one GOST for this material - GOST 32603-2012. Its action extends to three-layer panels of galvanized sheet and mineral wool. For other types of sandwich panels, there are only TU. For example, TU 5284-002-40047738-2003 for polystyrene panels.